|Saint Margaret Mary, RC Church
560 Lincoln Avenue
Staten Island, New York 10306
(718) 351-2612 Fax: (718) 987-0446
We are happy to announce that St. Margaret Mary’s has officially formed an Parish Council.
The first meeting was held on Sunday, June 24th, 2012 in the parish rectory.
We are grateful to the following parishioners who have confirmed their joining the Parish Council.
1. Father Joseph McLafferty – Administrator
2. Staci Memmesheimer, Parish Trustees - President
3. Bob Dennis, representing the Parish at large
4. Sister Barbara Heclo, representing the Parish Ministers - Secretary
5. Joseph Funk, representing the Finance Committee
6. Deacon Patrick Graham, representing the Parish at large
7. Cheryl Ann Lee, representing Parish Parents
8. Jerry LePre, representing the Faith Formation Committee
9. Noreen Meagher, representing Religious Catechists
10. Margaret Pisciottano, representing the Parish Societies
11. Barbara Regan, representing Religious Education Program
12. Rosa Romero, representing the Parish at large
13. Frank Sadjak, Parish Trustees
14. Frank Saulle, representing the Youth Group
The Parish Council was formed on June 24th, 2012. The initial elected officers were:
- Bob Dennis, President (resigned on 9/16/2013)
- Staci Memmesheimer, Vice President (became President on 9/16/2013)
- Sister Barbara Heclo, Secretary
The initial Parish Council, served for a six-month term, from July 2012 to December 2012.
After which the members were given the option to serve for another six months or step down.
All have continued to extend their terms.
What is a Parish Council?
Basically, the Parish Council acts and serves in an advisory capacity to and with the Pastor and members of the clergy of the Parish in
all matters pertaining to the spiritual, financial, and educational affairs of the parish and in the operation and management thereof.
The Parish Council provides the pastor with the wisdom of the laity for the good of the parish. Because of their knowledge and competence
the members of the Council are called to share with one another and with the pastor their insights honestly, with courage and prudence. And
so, the parish is strengthened by the unity of effort achieved in reverence and charity.
The Constitution of the Advisory Council of St. Margaret Mary’s Church states:
“We do hereby unite to form a parish council according to the spirit of Vatican Council II, recognizing and affirming our communion with the
Vicar of Christ, our Holy Father, the Archbishop of our Diocese, and his representative, our Pastor,
- To assure the transmission of the Deposit of Faith necessary for salvation.
- To work together in the building of the Body of Christ.
- To provide channels of communication between the clergy, laity, the Christian and secular community.
- To engage in continuing apostolate formation of parish members.
- To study the needs of the Christian and secular community and to work toward discovering and providing the resources to meet these needs.
- To provide greater effectiveness in the management of the life of the parish and
- To associate the clergy and the laity more closely in the saving mission of Christ
We ask our parishioners to contact any of the Parish Council members (see above) if you have any suggestions or concerns that should be taken
up in the Council meetings.
Prayer of Blessing for the Parish Council
We humbly ask our parishioners to say this prayer for our Parish Council, as they embark on a new mission:
Ever-living God, you gather us as the Parish of St. Margaret Mary to carry the Gospel of Christ to all people. Bless the members of our
Parish Council. Let your Spirit enlighten their minds and guide their actions that they may be renewed in faith, united in love, and bring
to fulfillment the work of your Church to your greater honor and glory.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Father Erno Diaz
Your Parish Council; July 16th, 2015
|Staci Memmesheimer, representing the
Parish Trustees - President
|Sister Barbara Heclo, representing the
Parish Ministers - Secretary
|Joseph Funk, representing the Finance Committee
|Deacon Patrick Graham – representing the Parish at
|Cheryl Lee, representing the Parish Parents
|Jerry LePre, representing the
Faith Formation Committee
|Margaret Pisciottano, representing the
|Frank Saulle, representing the Youth Group
|Robert Dennis – representing the Parish
- Noreen Meagher, representing Religious Education Catechists
- Rosa Romero, representing the Parish at Large
|Barbara Regan, representing
Religious Education Program
|Father Joseph McLafferty –
|Frank Sadja, representing the Parish