(Mass Scriptural) Readings & Prayers
These readings are provided from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
web site at: http://www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
How to use the site:
Upon entering the site, you will be shown today's readings.
- To view other days, click on the desired date from the site's calendar.
To return to the St Margaret Mary site, you will need to:
- Click the "Back" arrow at the top of the Internet Explorer Navigation Bar again.
The Five Joyful Mysteries
1. The Annunciation; Humility
2. The Visitation: Charity; Love of Neighbor
3. The Nativity, the Birth of Our Lord: Poverty;
Detachment from things of this world
4. The Presentation of Our Lord; Purity of heart, obedience
5. The Finding of Our Lord in the Temple; Wisdom
The Five Sorrowful Mysteries
1. The Agony in the Garden; Contrition for our sins
2. The Scourging at the Pillar; Mortification of our senses
3. The Crowning with Thorns; Interior mortification
4. The Carrying of the Cross; Patience
5. The Crucifixion and Death of Our Lord; Salvation
The Five Glorious Mysteries
1. The Resurrection; Faith
2. The Ascension; A desire for heaven
3. The Pentecost, Coming of the Holy Ghost;
The Gifts of the Holy Ghost
4. The Assumption of our Blessed Mother into Heaven;
Devotion to Mary
5. The Coronation of our Blessed Mother; Eternal happiness
The Five Luminous Mysteries
1. The Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan;
Openness to the Holy Spirit-the Healer.
2. The Wedding at Cana; To Jesus through Mary.
The understanding of the ability to manifest-through faith.
3. Jesus' Proclamation of the Kingdom of God; Trust in God
4. The Transfiguration; Desire for Holiness
5. The Institution of the Eucharist; Adoration
Kiss the Crucifix.
Make the Sign of the Cross.
1. Start with the Sign of the Cross.
2. Pray the Apostles' Creed.
3. Pray the Our Father at every large bead.
4. Pray a Hail Mary on every small bead.
5. Pray a Glory Be To The Father.
6. Announce the relevant Mystery.
7. Pray the Our Father at every large bead.
8. Pray a Hail Mary on every small bead,
while meditating on the relevant Mystery.
9. Pray the Decade Prayer/Fatima Prayer
at the end of each decade
10. Pray the Hail, Holy Queen
to end the Rosary.
|Saint Margaret Mary, RC Church
560 Lincoln Avenue
Staten Island, New York 10306
(718) 351-2612 Fax: (718) 987-0446
Hail, Holy Queen
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope.
To you we cry, the children of Eve;
to you we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this land of exile.
Turn then, most gracious advocate,
your eyes of mercy toward us;
lead us home at last
and show us the blessed fruit of thy womb,
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead and was buried;
He descended into hell;
on the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand
of God the Father Almighty;
from there he will come to judge
the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
Our Father, Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Glory Be To The Father
Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
and ever shall be,
world without end.
The Morning Offering
I offer You my prayers, works,
joys and sufferings
of this day for all the intentions
of Your Sacred Heart.
An Act of Contrition
O my God,
I am heartily sorry for
having offended Thee,
and I detest all my sins,
because I dread the loss of heaven,
and the pains of hell;
but most of all because
they offend Thee, my God,
Who are all good and
deserving of all my love.
I firmly resolve,
with the help of Thy grace,
to confess my sins,
to do penance,
and to amend my life.
Decade Prayer/Fatima Prayer
O my Jesus,
forgive us our sins,
save us from the fires of hell,
and lead all souls to Heaven,
especially those in most need of Thy mercy.
Note: The Decade Prayer for the rosary,
commonly known as the Fatima Prayer, was
revealed by Our Lady of Fatima on July 13,
1917. She asked the three shepherd children,
Francisco, Jacinta, and Lucia, to recite it at the
end of each decade of the rosary. It was
approved for public use in 1930.
The Serenity Prayer
God grant us
to accept the things we cannot change,
to change the things we can, and
to know the difference.
Grace Before Meals
"Bless us, O Lord,
and these Thy gifts,
which we are about to receive
from Thy bounty,
through Christ our Lord.
Prayer Before a Crucifix
Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus,
while before Your face I humbly kneel, and
with burning soul pray and beseech You to fix deep in my heart
lively sentiments of faith, hope, and charity, true contrition for my sins, and
a firm purpose of amendment;
while I contemplate with great love and tender pity
Your five wounds, pondering over them within me, and
calling to mind the words which, long ago, David the prophet spoke
in Your own person concerning You, my Jesus:
"They have pierced My hands and My feet;
they have numbered all My bones."
before I sleep
I want to thank You for this day,
so full of Your kindness and Your joy.
I close my eyes to rest
safe in Your loving care.
And now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep, and
if I die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Sign of the Cross
In the name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.
Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men of good will.
We praise You,
we bless You,
we adore You,
we glorify You,
we give You thanks for Your great glory,
Lord God, heavenly King,
almighty God the Father.
Lord Jesus Christ, only begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father,
You take away the sins of the world,
have mercy on us;
You take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer;
You are seated at the right hand of the Father,
have mercy on us.
For You alone are the Holy One,
You alone are the Lord,
You alone are the Most High,
with the Holy Spirit,
in the glory of God the Father,
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
1. The Sign of the Cross
2. Opening Prayers:
(a) You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the
ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable
Divine Mercy, envelope the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.
(b) O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a
fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!
3. Our Father
4. Hail Mary
5. The Apostle's Creed
6. The Eternal Father:
Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your
dearly beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and
those of the whole world.
7. On the ten small beads of each decade:
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole
8. Repeat for the remaining decades saying the "Eternal Father…" (no. 6) on
the "Our Father" bead and then ten "For the sake of His sorrowful Passion…"
(no.7) on the following "Hail Mary" beads.
9. Holy God (repeat three times): Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal
One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
10. Closing Prayer: Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of
compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with
great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy